blankhomedotaboutdotrecipedothealthdotlifestyleblank

October 7, 2013

Week 3: Once a cheater always a cheater?

This week went much better, with no cheats and lots of overcoming cravings.  The other night I was gun-ho on cheating for some Wing King hot wings, but waited 10 minutes to give a final decision and... I ended up opting to cook. Baby steps! I hope that eventually I won't crave "bad" things. Even though I still don't think that there's anything wrong with some hot wings!

LuRong Challenge WOD #3

95# Cleans**
10 reps of Hang Power Cleans, 20 Meter Sprint
8 reps of Hang Power Cleans, 40 Meter Sprint
6 reps of Hang Power Cleans, 60 Meter Sprint
4 reps of Hang Power Cleans, 80 Meter Sprint
2 reps of Hang Power Cleans, 100 Meter Sprint
  • Completed in 5:05 (added 5 sec. on for not completing last spring- completed 90 Meters)
  • Level III 
  • The most I had ever done previously for a hang clean in a WOD was 75# - 20# PR baby!!! :)

LuRong Challenge WOD #4

50 reps of 65# thrusters & then 50 Toes-to-bar; 10 minute time cap
  • Completed in 10:21 (added 1 sec. for each unfinished rep)
  • Level III

Favorite Recipe of the Week: Paleo Pumpkin Protein Pancakes (Try saying that 10x fast!) from http://deliciousbydre.com/



Ingredients:

  • 1 cup egg whites
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup almond flour/meal
  • 1 scoop vanilla egg white protein powder (or whatever vanilla protein powder your little heart desires if you are not strictly paleo)
  • 2 tbsp organic milled flax *I left this ingredient out
  • 2 tbsp organic honey (or splenda/stevia) *I used 1 tbsp. since I am on the LuRong Challenge
  • 1/8 tsp ginger
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Instructions:
  1. Stir in/dissolve the pumpkin into the egg whites & add the honey
  2. Mix dry ingredients separately & add to the wet ingredients
  3. Heat pan or griddle on medium low heat (4 out of 10) and coat with organic coconut oil or coconut oil spray
  4. Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour batter onto your cooking surface
  5. Once it bubbles up, use a spatula to flip it over & cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 min on the other side


I made this breakfast on a Sunday morning and LOVED it. I have been pretty bummed lately that I haven't been able to enjoy the "pumpkin flavored everything" and have been on the hunt for Paleo pumpkin recipes. There are actually several that I found and you can find them on my Pinterest Account. This one was easy to make and took only about 20 minutes from start to finish, not including doing the dishes. Definitely recommend!

Have a great week, everyone!

xoxo Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment