blankhomedotaboutdotrecipedothealthdotlifestyleblank

January 4, 2014

Weekly Meal Prep



Disclaimer- I focus on REAL food. I am not 100% Paleo, but I strive to eat quality ingredients, 100% of the time.

When I am prepping my meals for the week, I start off by sitting down and writing it all out. I write down my weekly schedule so I know if meals or snacks need to be ready for on-the-go or if I'll be eating them at home. I also try to plan out what days I know that I will be eating meals out so that I don't buy too much at the grocery store. So here's a snapshot of my meal plan for this coming week:

Sunday
Breakfast- Green Smoothie
Lunch- Turkey burger patty with a tomato, cucumber and onion salad (make extra for 2 more meals)
Snack- Pate with cucumber slices
Dinner- Crockpot roast, red wine


Monday
B- Smoothie
L- Turkey burger patty with a tomato, cucumber and onion salad
S- Trail mix and a piece of fruit
D- Chicken breast (cook 2 more for future meals), black beans, 1/2 an avocado, wilted spinach, red wine

Tuesday
B- Bacon, eggs and 1/2 an avocado
L- Turkey burger patty with a tomato, cucumber and onion salad
S- Trail mix and a piece of fruit
D- Chicken breast, black beans and broccoli, red wine


Wednesday
B- Smoothie
L- Shrimp cocktail, broccoli and 1/2 sweet potato
S- Trail mix and a piece of fruit
D- Grilled chicken breast salad, red wine


Thursday
B- Smoothie
L- Pack of tuna fish, veggies and guac
S- Trail mix and a piece of fruit
D- Steak stir fry with quiona, red wine


Friday
B- Bacon, eggs and 1/2 an avocado
L- Leftover steak stir fry 
S- Trail mix and a piece of fruit
D- Dinner out


Saturday
B- Smoothie
L- Tuna pack and pate with cucumber slices
S- Lara Bar
D- Dinner out

Once I have each meal planned out, I make a grocery list around it. Then when I go to the store, I'm not buying anything extra that will not get eaten. This is essential when you are only buying fresh, raw foods as they do not last nearly as long as processed foods. Also, make your life easier by preparing as much as you can for a meal ahead of time. For example, if you're cooking a chicken breast for dinner one night, cook a couple extra for lunches or dinners later on in the week! You'll thank yourself later!

Do you meal plan for your weekly meals? Any tips or suggestions to share?



signature

No comments:

Post a Comment