blankhomedotaboutdotrecipedothealthdotlifestyleblank

March 28, 2014

My New Kitchen Toy: The NutriBullet

I love getting new kitchen gadgets! For Christmas my parents got me the Nutribullet. So far I have made mostly green smoothies, because I LOVE them, but I have also been trying to experiment with some other fun combinations.

I had asked for this device because I was interested in a juicer without actually being a juicer. Juicers are great and all, but I feel like they discard the best parts of the veggies. The Nutribullet keeps every part of the vegetable/fruit and extracts all of the nutrients. It's basically like a blender, but better. There is also a milling blade that can be used for nuts and spices. I really want to try making my own nut butter!



Here are some of my favorite NutriBullet concoctions:

Banana Nut Protein Smoothie:
  • 1 banana
  • tbsp. of your favorite nut butter
  • 1 scoop protein powder (chocolate is pretty tasty)
  • a dash of cinnamon
  • water, coconut milk, or other base of your choice
DELICOUS! This was just something that I whipped up for a post-workout, pre-dinner, snack. Fat, carbs and protein :)

Green Smoothie:
  • Almond/coconut milk
  • 1 handful of leafy greens (I used spinach)
  • 5 strawberries
  • small handful of blueberries
  • 1 tsp. flaxseed oil
  • 1 scoop of protein powder, optional
This is a great way to get in your fruits and veggies with your breakfast in the morning, or just as a snack! I like to add protein powder for a little extra love, but it tastes great without it! Also, if you need it to be a little sweeter, try adding in a small amount of your favorite sweetener.

Energizing Smoothie:
  • the juice of 1/2 a lime
  • 1 tbsp. honey
  • 1 pear
  • 1 apple, cored and seeds removed
  • 1 small handful of spinach
  • ground ginger
  • green tea
If you have a Nutribullet, where do you find your recipes? Share your finds with me!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment