blankhomedotaboutdotrecipedothealthdotlifestyleblank

March 8, 2015

Paleo Fried Bananas

I recently visited the beautiful island of Puerto Rico. While I was there, I tried to eat only authentic foods because, well, when in Rome...

One of my favorite dishes was the fried banana. It was so simple but it was something that I had never even considered before. So of course, I had to put a Paleo spin on it when I made it myself.




Paleo Fried Bananas

Ingredients

  • Bananas, slightly green (as many as you feel like eating. 1 per person)
  • Cinnamon
  • Honey
  • Coconut oil
  • Ghee, optional
Steps
  1. Add 2 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp ghee (or 3 tbsp coconut oil) to a pan on medium heat, or 1/4 inch of oil in your pan. (I used a small pan)
  2. While the oil heats, peel your bananas.
  3. Slice bananas into coins, about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick.
  4. Gently place them in the oil. The slices can touch.
  5. Let them 'fry' for 3-4 min. per side. If you try to turn them and they are sticking, they aren't ready.
  6. Gently remove them from the pan and place them on a plate lined with a paper towel.
  7. They will be a little soft but as they cool and dry, the banana slices will crisp up.
  8. Sprinkle the slices with cinnamon and drizzle with honey. Serve as dessert or skip the cinnamon and honey and serve them alongside your meal.

So simple. I made them on a whim and my boyfriend LOVED them. It's not a typical american dish but it's not so 'weird' that people won't be willing to try it... and love it!

Try it out and let me know what you think!


signature

No comments:

Post a Comment